At International Automotive Components, it’s what’s inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities, a gym scheme, and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Senior Plant Buyer
Main purpose of the job:
Support organisation with indirect procurement requirements for allocated plants.
Main missions and results:
• Sourcing of indirect materials, products and services.
• Identify Cost Savings with plant stakeholders and suppliers.
• Escalation point of supplier issues for indirect regarding service levels or price issues, for the requesters and / or suppliers.
• Action LTA PO changes for indirect products and services.
• Develop, maintain, lead and own the indirect roadmap cost savings project.
• Indirect Tooling and local supplier management, negotiation and PO creation, as exception, when the Tooling and Capital teams cannot do it.
• Plant indirect P-save lead and ownership.
• Maintain the indirect price lists in AS400.
• Process the new supplier requests in Lotus Notes.
• Approval of the indirect purchase orders in AS400.
• Control / administration of the supplier bonuses for the indirect procurement.
• Negotiations with suppliers regarding new launches and changes for indirect products and services.
• Support the requisitioners in raising the purchase requisitions in AS400 (POs related to the plant buyer mission).
Preferred skills and experience:
• Economic / technical education or equivalent with substantial procurement experience in a fast-moving industrial corporation, preferably automotive.
• Full understanding & proven ability to enhance productivity to meet near & long-term goals.
• Previous experience of material flow planning and value stream thinking.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Working well under pressure and engaging at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
• Very good organization, communication, time management and self-prioritisation skills.
• Ability to make and accept challenge positively and debate confidently.
• High degree of integrity, credibility and transparency, always prepared to do the right thing.
• Very good PC skills (MS Office, ERP systems).
• Excellent analytical skills.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and a more detailed job description will be provided with any invites to interview.
What you'll get
You will receive a competitive salary ranging plus company holiday pay.
Working hours are 37.50 per week. We can be flexible for the right candidate on the hours and this role would be available for hybrid working policy which gives you an excellent work life balance.
Training will be given to the right candidate with the opportunity to join an expanding site within our organisation.
IAC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV with your contact details.
If this job isn't quite what you are looking for but you are looking for a new position within Automotive, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.