At International Automotive Components, it’s what’s inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities, a gym scheme, and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Main purpose of the job
· Operation of industrial sewing machines in order to produce an excellent standard of stitched interior products for the Automotive industry.
· Complete requirement for sewing items selecting appropriate materials.
· Work in a safe manner at all times, complying with Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
· Ensure that all materials and supplies are available prior to beginning work.
· Start sewing machinery at the beginning of a shift and test it for proper functionality
· Address any discrepancies or problems faced during the testing period.
· Draw threads through needles and adjust machine functions to meet the requirements of the sewing project.
· Position materials under needles to sew them together or make patterns.
· Replace and rethread needles for a subsequent project or in case of the existing one needing more thread.
· Sew missing stitches or replacement parts in accordance to repair instructions provided.
· Notify Team Leader of any problems or discrepancies during the sewing process.
· Ensure that the finished product conforms to the design instructions provided.
· Ensure that excess material or threads are removed from the finished product.
· Perform general and preventative maintenance tasks on sewing machines to ensure their longevity.
· Carry out cleaning and basic maintenance of work areas and machinery.
· Record how much raw material has been used during production and the number of items produced and the amount of scrap.
· Pack goods with protective materials ready for despatch.
· Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
Preferred skills and experience
· Team player with a positive effect on the team.
· Consistently manages the task.
· Collaborative approach when dealing with others.
· Self-motivated and hard working.
· Able to work on own initiative when necessary.
· Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions and work to standards.
· Ability to learn quickly.
· Good Manual dexterity.
What you'll get
You will receive a competitive salary ranging plus company holiday pay.
Working hours are 40 hours per week on a three-shift rotation: mornings (06:00-14:00); afternoons (14:00-22:00); nights (22:00-06:00). Training will be given to the right candidate with the opportunity to join an expanding site within our organisation.
IAC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV with your contact details.
If this job isn't quite what you are looking for but you are looking for a new position within Automotive, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.