At International Automotive Components, it’s what’s inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities, a gym scheme, and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Cost and Launch Accountant
Main purpose of the job:
The Cost and Launch Accountant will be responsible for all financial requirements to ensure a smooth and successful launch of new programmes in the business. This is a critical role and will require working across departments to ensure all information is collated and scrutinised to ensure the validly of successful and profitable launches. Working closing with plant management team and across the finance group.
Main missions and results:
• Has full responsibility for the income statement and balance sheet items for new Programs, ensure the accounting of any D&D, capital and SUL costs are properly accounted for and tracked.
• Work alongside the Finance Controller, ensuring that the results are accurately consolidated with solid explanations for variances.
• Control and report all plant launch costs. Prepare a detailed monthly launch cost analysis and work with the launch team to develop accurate forecasts. This must cover capital, cash and IS analysis showing the program & facility profitability v the original business case (PAR). Present out to the UK VP of Operations and AGM on a monthly basis the actual and forecasted data. Alerting the team of any margin deterioration that needs to be addressed.
• Validate and approve sales and purchase material prices and Purchase Orders.
• Control and approve Launch costs Purchase Order Requests ensuring accurate gl coding and costs are within Budget.
• Works closely with manufacturing operations to ensure accurate and timely capture of all production costs and effective analysis of production variances.
• Supports the finance team at each month end close, including posting monthly journal entries, completing account reconciliations, providing variance analysis and investigating discrepancies.
• Provides the cost accounting expertise for the manufacturing operations.
• Ensures appropriate internal controls are in place and supports effective and efficient annual financial audits.
• Develops and maintain thorough financial procedures and systems.
• Manages the inter-company transfer of products, working closely with Supply Chain to ensure all goods are properly booked in.
• Develops, monitors and analysis manufacturing labour and overhead allocation for burden rates to ensure appropriateness.
• Supports the implementation of QAD.
• Support operations in cost management and identify opportunities to drive improvements.
Preferred skills and experience:
• 5+ Years Manufacturing finance experience.
• Recognized accountancy qualification a plus.
• Commercial finance experience a plus.
• Business leader that can drive results across disciplines.
What you'll get
You will receive a competitive salary ranging plus company holiday pay.
Working hours are 37.50 per week. Training will be given to the right candidate with the opportunity to join an expanding site within our organisation.
IAC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV with your contact details.
If this job isn't quite what you are looking for but you are looking for a new position within Automotive, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.