At International Automotive Components, it’s what’s inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities, a gym scheme, and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Business Manager - 12-month FTC
Main purpose of the job:
•Construct customer quotations in-line with business standard metrics and documentation for all design changes.
•Generation and maintenance of the Company Cost & Price System for all changes post nomination/business award level.
•Working with the Programme Development Team (PDT) through the programme introduction life-cycle to ensure customer expectations are met and managed.
•Attends and leads regular and frequent program meetings with the customer(s), both on and off-site.
•Reports the financial position of programmes within the Company’s product portfolio.
•Supports the commercial aspects of development and implementation of VA/VE ideas.
•Supports the sales / programme management on the response to new business acquisition RFQ’s and programme related RFQ packages.
Main missions and results:
• Primary cross-functional interface for the customer(s) and the company’s PDT(s) for financial negotiations in order to define the full scope of the programme(s).
•Negotiation with the customer to surpass Company’s metrics whilst achieving customer’s pricing expectations.
•Is directly accountable to the Lead Business Manager / Commercial Manager / Business Management Director for the related customer(s) at a core functional level.
• Responsible for the development of pricing estimates, including part piece price; tooling and capex.
• Presentation and support of financial status to senior management and/or customer representatives will be routine.
• Supports all necessary regular cross-functional meetings to ensure a sufficiently detailed level of cost communication is maintained.
• Manages, maintains and communicates the programme(s) financial status reporting within company frameworks such as: attendance of the regular programme status PDT meetings; monthly programme reviews with the appropriate management teams; GDLS Phase Management Gateway Review Fresh Eyes reviews and Sign Off; monthly Operating Report (MOR) and Financial Reporting
Preferred skills and experience:
• Substantial experience in the automotive industry in a Commercial/Account Management/Costing role within a regional or global organisation (preferably with JLR experience).
• An Engineering background would be considered an advantage.
• Able to work independently as well as within the Team to achieve Department and Business goals.
• Advanced skills in Excel required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Customer and within the Company.
• Adaptability in the location of work including business travel
• Flexibility to change priorities in response to changing business needs.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and a more detailed job description will be provided with any invites to interview.
What you'll get
You will receive a competitive salary ranging plus company holiday pay.
Working hours are 37.50 per week. We can be flexible for the right candidate on the hours and this role would be available for hybrid working policy which gives you an excellent work life balance.
Training will be given to the right candidate with the opportunity to join an expanding site within our organisation.
IAC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV with your contact details.
If this job isn't quite what you are looking for but you are looking for a new position within Automotive, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.