Main Purpose of the Job :
- Responsible for conducting activities within its department in an effective manner towards achieving common objectives of IAC Skara as well as the IAC Group.
- Reporting deviations from the standard and takes appropriate measures and corrective actions.
- Take action to achieve the operational objectives set out in production plans and indicators (KPIs).
- Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to all company business operating systems.
- Develop best practice methodology and procedures in line with SMED ideology and train Shift Setters accordingly
- Monitor tool change time progress and set improvement plans in place to meet set objectives.
- Define, record and maintain standard process setting data for use in the SMS database. Ensure all processes are standardized and maintained in accordance with the data.
- Analyse OEE data against site targets and manage improvement plans with respect to performance (cycle time), availability (tool change and setting) and process scrap.
- Develop and manage improvement plans with respect to weight reduction, cycle time reduction and
- Compile and maintain a best practice technical library for all processes and ancillary equipment.
- Actively explore new process technology for suitability to the business.
- Attend relevant internal and external trial activities for New Product Introduction.
- Develop and implement process layouts considering best practice in lean manufacturing.
- Maintain and up-date process equipment specifications and ensure wherever possible the standardisation of equipment configuration.
- Co-ordinate and implement actions, as a result of trials and customer requests internal problem follow-up sheets and customer ECR’s.
- Responsible for assessing the validity of the improvement and modernization projects proposals and
ongoing monitoring of all processes by:
- evaluation of the validity of the proposed improvements of the process and the product
- monitoring the process of continuous improvement
- evaluation of modernization projects.
- Coordinates and supports the introduction of new products through:
- active participation in the design process
- consultations during the test phase
- active participation in designing assembly lines and supervising their implementation
- developing a layout for new projects.
- Planning investments affecting the development of the process and product through:
- analysis of the demand for equipment
- analysis of necessary tests defined by procedures
- recommending the expansion of the machine park
- contact with sub-suppliers and recipients to ensure an adequate amount of data.
- Responsible for providing information and reports on the current implementation of tasks to its
- Co-corresponds for new projects implemented in the company through active participation and
opinions on projects in the subordinate area.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Degree level in engineering or 5 years’ experience equivalent qualification in automotive production
with similar to IAC
- 5 years’ experience in practical setting and in processing in automotive production with similar profile
to IAC (high volume, automotive environment)
- Experience in using Lean tools and methods
- Able to motivate shift personnel
- Practical in depth knowledge of various injection moulding machines, robots and processes
- Analytical approach to problems
- Computer literate: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Fluent Swedish & English