At International Automotive Components, it’s what’s inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Sales Director (m/f/d)
Responsible for all Advanced Sales activities and Commercial coordination and the primary liaison between Company and the specific customer(s). Main responsibilities include the strategic development of new business awards, customer interface, negotiation of issues including final responsibility for claims recovery, product assessment, competitive analysis and market evaluation.
Develop objectives & policies for the sales organization.
Apply necessary marketing techniques specific to the customer.
Responsible for reviewing quote recommendations considering cost, capital requirements and facilities implications including recommendation for alternative strategies.
Coordinate all sales and business management activities to meet company goals.
• Plans, organizes and conducts activities within its area in an effective manner towards achieving common objectives of IAC Group.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities both the current product portfolio and for new products.
• Develop and improve customer relations at all levels within the customer.
• Recommend pricing consistent with corporate targets for return on sales and investment as well as economic profit.
• Manage new inquiries and progress in line with company guidelines ( RFQ tracker & Prolink).
• Coordinate Customer specific RFQ responses.
• Support Sales Management in negotiations relating to piece price, tooling, freight and packaging, facility and tooling capacity, investment, engineering changes, etc.
• Agree & control Department budgets.
• Aid Support in the coordination of program progress and the management of new programs.
• Aid in market/sales forecasting.
• Maintaining the customer business plans.
• Develop, train & motivate the sales manager.
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role
• Extensive experience in the automotive industry, ideally in sales or program management within a substantially sized regional or global organisation on managerial positions.
• Bachelor’s degree or proven experience in the automotive industry on managerial positions.
• Good working knowledge / understanding industry standards & related procedures including: APQP, PPAP, IATF.
• Demonstrated strong business decision, management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of customer base, company product, processes, technology and financial requirements.
• Sufficient verbal and written language skills associated to IAC and the customer and the programme / operational locations.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the customer and within IAC.
• Adaptability in the location of work including business travel.
• Flexibility to change priorities in response to changing programme demands.
• Fluent in English and German. Fluency in two European languages is recommended.
What you'll get
You will receive a competitive salary ranging plus company holiday pay.
Working hours are 37.50 per week and training will be given to the right candidate with the opportunity to join an expanding site within our organisation.
IAC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV with your contact details.
If this job isn't quite what you are looking for but you are looking for a new position within Automotive, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.