At International Automotive Components, it’s what’s inside that really drives us. Operating across 19 countries, we bring over 160 years of automotive expertise to the forefront in crafting beautiful interiors that help to differentiate vehicles in the global marketplace. We believe our employees to be our greatest asset: we welcome employees of all backgrounds, and are proud to provide benefits such as professional development opportunities, a gym scheme, and length of service awards among many others.
We are excited to confirm the below opportunity to join our innovative and conscientious team:
Demand and Production Planner
Main purpose of the job:
• Manage and prepare short, mid, and long-term forecasting and demand planning for key customers or product lines across the business, working with stakeholders to develop and verify inputs to ensure customer fulfilment.
• Support continuous improvement efforts to our IAC forecasting models including ways to automate and simplify the overall forecasting process by developing effective forecast and demand planning models based upon customer trends, production plans and demand patterns.
• Act as the primary liaison between teams responsible for the Master Production Schedule implementation, capacity planning, procurement, transportation, and operations aspects being responsible for all supply chain data inputs, analysis, and management.
• Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly inputs into relevant business reviews on demand accuracy, variability, and inventory estimations to both internal and external customers.
• Address demand-related challenges in a timely and effective manner with internal and external customers.
• From the Forecasts for near-term and long-term demand create the 6 – 12-week Master Production Plan ensuring that production capacity and material resources are available to meet the plan highlighting any shortages and capacity constraints.
Main missions and results
• From customer inputs monitor, analyse, and generate short, mid, and long-term forecasts and schedules to enable appropriate stock levels to meet the customer’s demand.
• Process customer orders into the ERP software, reflecting the production volumes agreed with the customer and internal stakeholders.
• Support proactive customer collaboration programs to drive improved service and forecast activity management.
• Responsible for accurately updating and maintaining ERP/MRP system data to ensure correct planning parameters are aligned to group standards.
• Responsible for the extraction of consistent and accurate data sets to ensure outputs drive effective decision making.
• Review forecasts and schedules to promote performance improvements and cost efficiencies.
• Input into key performance indicators, review and reporting deviations from the standard and inform of required corrective actions to achieve KPI targets.
• Regularly monitor the variability of customer orders (over-the-top increases, decreases) and prepare data inputs into Master Production Planner for weekly and monthly capacity planning reviews.
• Develop and deliver weekly production plans based on customer orders, including established safety stocks in line with contractual customer requirements.
• Complete agreed shipment plans to the customer through the preparation of sales documents, shipping documents and organization of transportation of products to the customer.
• Responsible for maintaining sales documentation in the ERP software by establishing and updating agreed price conditions, setting up and updating information records, establishing, and updating clients, establishing, and updating scheduling agreements.
• Responsible for managing customer complaint returns through the verification of the legitimacy of return with the QS department, posting in ERP software, issuing a correcting invoice.
• Responsible for ensuring delivery compliance to customers (dates, quantities), backorder resolution, reduction of backlog in supplies (backlog) and elimination of special transportation costs and exceptions and for keeping customer notified of any variances or deviances to their delivery schedule.
• Resolve any unjustified demand pegging.
• Ensure destination shipping requirements are kept up to date inclusive of dealer direct shipments.
• Monitor EDI and CUM release variations and mitigate any discrepancies.
• Monitor and track daily and weekly customer release schedules to ensure due date compliance.
• Provide an in-depth audit on production requirements, manufacturing capacity, schedule and workforce size required through the maintenance of rough-cut capacity plans by work centre and labour and undertake weekly production reviews and sign offs.
• Maintain all data parameters relating to finished goods item master data, work centre shift patterns, working calendars, BoMs, and Routings.
• Track and manage the daily manufacturing workload, provide feedback to sales, and provide regular reporting on manufacturing status and ensure schedule adherence is achieved across all work centres. Undertake bottom-up re-planning activities and if required agree and implement recovery plans ensuring customer delivery on time in full is not impacted.
Preferred skills and experience:
• Relevant institute qualification in forecasting, supply chain or demand and production management or other relevant fields.
• Experience in supply chain planning, forecasting, demand, production, and inventory management in a production environment.
• A pedigree in forecasting and planning methods, statistics, and data analytics.
• Experience of supply chain optimisation and continuous improvement principles.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal at all levels in English with stake holder management skills.
• Proactive approach, able to assemble, interpret and summarise complex data whilst under pressure.
• Highly numeric, with advanced Excel skills, experience of demand planning methodologies and tools as well as working knowledge of MRP and ERP planning systems (SAP/QAD/BPICS).
• Understanding of quality, business and OEM systems and standards.
• Has a good understanding of end-to-end supply chain interfaces and inventory optimisation.
What you'll get
You will receive a competitive salary ranging plus company holiday pay.
Working hours are 37.50 per week. Training will be given to the right candidate with the opportunity to join an expanding site within our organisation.
IAC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV with your contact details.
If this job isn't quite what you are looking for but you are looking for a new position within Automotive, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.