Includes Accounts Payables processes and verifies applications for credit and solicits payment on overdue accounts. Compiles necessary information from financial institutions such as banks and credit organizations. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. Keeping records of all delinquent accounts, incomplete files, and credit risks. Interface with Treasury, Purchasing and the Division Finance teams to drive standardization in payment terms and payment dates to support the corporate directive for managing cash.
Main Function / Purpose of Job
- Audit Review & process supplier invoices into the ERP system in a timely manner (3-way match: Purchase Order, Invoice and Receipt).
- Provide discrepancies Invoice vs PO price report.
- Generate required reports to ensure accurate payments to vendors.
- Follow up and address invoice processing issues with the related manufacturing locations.
- Comply strictly with state and federal regulations, corporate policies, procedures, and rules guiding the practice of accounts payable.
- Verify appropriate accounts codes and perform keypunching of vendor invoices accurately and expeditiously
- Audit invoices to ensure precision of keypunching, and carry out essential corrections
- Perform research on statements provided by suppliers to enable them secure payment of all open items.
- Acting as a liaison for the accounting department to solve accounts payable disputes
- Completing month-end closing reviews, procedures and corrections as needed.
- Assist in Internal /Statutory audits
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- 1-2 years job experience within accounts payable.
· Competence in business tools: PC (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent English
- Strong ability to communicate with vendors, consultants, management, and other clients effectively and expertly, both verbally and in writing
- Outstanding ability to handle tasks with large amount of information with effectiveness
- Commendable skills in organizing and working on several tasks concurrently, as well as in giving proper attention to details
- Possess basic accounting and mathematical skills to be able to post transactions or perform bookkeeping entries
- QAD Software Knowledge