- Select design concepts and fundamental technology to be used for new products or improvements for existing ones. Develop new products/processes.
- Provides engineering and technical support to production with respect to product specifications and requirements.
- Work effectively in a team environment with a cross-functional team: design, tooling, quality, manufacturing, finance, purchasing, sales.
- Coordinate product development and release with internal and external stakeholders throughout the development cycle.
Position Specific Requirements:
- This position will be part of the innovation group and will report directly to the Senior Director of Innovation.
- In this role and as part of the global innovation team, you will provide your expertise using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) programs to design and validate new product concepts.
- You will lead Design Reviews and DFMEA and PFMEA activities and guide and support the generation of the appropriate documentation required to successfully release new products.
- You will work in collaboration with a cross-functional team from manufacturing, engineering, and purchasing, to bring newly developed products from concept to production.
- You will be passionate about developing new and innovative solutions to complex automotive and mobility challenges leveraging Design for Sustainability principles.
- You will help to identify opportunities to improve the existing products based on the voice of customers, competitive product benchmarking, and close collaborations with IAC suppliers.
- You will lead innovation projects through IAC’s innovation pipeline by coordinating resources, managing budgets, and measuring and tracking project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in materials/polymer engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in plastic part design and validation, in the automotive industry.
- Prior Experience with New Product Development in the Automotive industry is highly desired.
- Extensive experience with CAD and CAE software for product design and validation.
- Knowledge and experience with different manufacturing processes used in automotive interiors such as Injection molding, compression molding and thermoforming.
- Solid understanding of different plastics and composite materials, used in automotive interior and exterior.
- A fundamental understanding of the Mechanical as well as Functional requirements for automotive interior components.
- Knowledge and experience in DFMEA, PFMEA, and DOE methodology.
- Working knowledge of AS400, Prolink, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work closely and help to manage both internal and external stakeholders.