OBJECTIVE: To install and maintain all mechanical and hydraulic equipment and set molds as required to insure continuity of production operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To install mechanical, hydraulic, mold and accessory equipment necessary to maintain production schedules.
2. To maintain mechanical and hydraulic equipment to prevent interruption of production due to failures in mechanical or hydraulic equipment, including daily mold installation checks.
3. To maintain buildings, service and grounds to standards established by management.
4. To be responsible for start-up and shutdown of plant on weekends.
5. To be subject to call-in for emergency mechanical or hydraulic repairs 24 hours a day.
6. To maintain, at required standards of good housekeeping, the maintenance room, mold loft and storage facilities for production molding accessories.
7. To maintain card files on mold installation.
8. To be able to pass the minimum standards of the pre-employment physical and mental tests.
Must possess evidence of journeyman status or be able to qualify for a journeyman card.
Must be able to lift, on occasion, weight in excess of 35 pounds but not more than 100 pounds.
9. Responsible to the Millwright supervisor.
SPECIAL RELATIONSHIPS:Is expected to show initiative in suggesting improvements in mechanical and hydraulic services or production operations affected by same.
Power Industrial Vehicle
Personal Protective Equipment
Hot Work & Confined Space