Position Specific Requirements
- Prepare and review U.S. federal and state and local income / franchise tax returns and related compliance work, including researching relevant issues to ensure the Company’s filing obligations are timely and correctly met.
- Participate in related government audits, including responding to notices, meeting with auditors, researching relevant positions, etc.
- Prepare and review US domestic tax provision reporting in accordance with ASC 740 on both a quarterly and full-year basis to ensure the Company’s reporting obligations are timely and correctly met.
- Actively participate in tax planning projects, including researching positions, financial modeling, etc.
- Maintain abreast of tax law changes and regulatory pronouncements and evaluate impact to the Company.
- Help identify technology and automation improvements and implement same into business processes.
- Have the opportunity to assist and develop sub-specialty skills including international tax, R&D tax credit, transfer pricing, indirect tax, tax incentives, etc.
- Work within team atmosphere, extensive communication, proactive, & ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Accounting - BA, CPA, or similar experience`
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Natural curiosity, ability, and willingness to learn
- Work in a team atmosphere, strong communication skills, proactive, & ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Process development and implementation skills; project management
- Strong analytical skills
- Tax Experience – 4+ years, including an understanding of ASC 740
- US federal, state and local experience
- Multinational corporate, especially manufacturing, experience
- Experience with Hyperion financial systems
- Understanding of US international tax principles and related US federal compliance (1118, 5471, etc.) helpful