IAC is seeking a qualified and cost-conscious professional to fill the open position of Production Supervisor. The successful candidate will take the initiative to increase our production stats while reducing our total cost outlay. We’re looking for a creative thinker who doesn’t mind sharing his or her ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business. If you’re a hard worker with excellent managerial skills and superior time management skills, we want to talk to you.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels and training new employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization quality standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with 5s standards and established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Directly supervises several employee. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree or equivalent in experience and education. Experience: 5-7 years in formal supervisory capacity with proven management and technical skills, with in depth knowledge of molding processes, machines, materials and operations.
Skills: Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity, Financial Planning and Strategy, Automotive Manufacturing, Lean Management.
Willing to be certified in CPR and First Aid.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Ability to spend 90% of the day on multiple levels of the building walking, climbing, standing, etc. Must be able to lift, carry, push
or pull material up to 30 pounds. Need to have manual dexterity and ability to train others. Ability to communicate with employees.